Thursday, August 1, 2013

I just finished my volunteer shift at the library shelving books people have donated for sale.  Book recycling from reader to reader at a dollar a book.  It's great, and today I made 2 fabulous sequel book finds.  Susan MacNeal's Princess Elizabeth's Spy and Jeffrey Archer's The Sins of the Father.  Is today Christmas?!

When shelving the books I noticed as usual that the mysteries and the romances go the fastest.

And my true confession - I don't put out the Dean Koontz books.  Other volunteers can offer those but I leave them back in the inventory.  He is a really super writer.  His descriptions are so visual and chilling he gives me nightmares.  I don't want to inflict nightmares on unsuspecting buyers.

Do you read Dean Koontz?  Does he give you nightmares?

No comments:

Post a Comment