Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Books About Pitching, and I'm Not Talking Baseball

I delivered a Toastmaster's speech today. The test for speech number 7 is "Research".  Well, the internet is great, but when I research my first stop is always books.  The subject of my speech, titled "Perfect Pitch", is how to give a pitch to sell or promote yourself, a person, an idea, a company, a project.

Happy pitching!  Baseball season's not over yet . . . .


Here's the great books I used to research -


Career Distinction, Stand Out by Building Your Brand by William Arruda and Kirsten Dixson

You, Inc. The Art of Selling Yourself by Harry Beckwith and Christine Clifford Beckwith

In Search of Excellence by Tom Peters

How to Write a Book Proposal by Michael Larsen, AAR

It’s Your Business: 183 Essential Tips That Will Transform Your Small Business by J.J. Ramberg, host of MSNBC “Your Business”


No comments:

Post a Comment