Sunday, October 27, 2013

Delicious Review by Ellis Shuman

Delicious review! It whets my apetite for more. I'll have to table my other plans and try this book very soon.



What do you think?  Thanks for the review Ellis Shuman

Joy of Kosher by Jamie Geller

Joy of Kosher

I don't cook, let's make that clear, but I do enjoy eating. Does that qualify me to review Jamie Geller's new cookbook? I think so!

How does someone who doesn't cook review a cookbook? By enlisting the wife of course. My wife selected a number of dishes from Geller's Joy of Kosher cookbook for our Friday night dinner and I, of course, volunteered to eat them.

But first, a word about the book. Geller's previous cookbook, Quick & Kosher - Recipes From The Bride Who Knew Nothing, was published in 2007. That book was called an "autobiographic cookbook" by one reviewer on Amazon. This cookbook is a worthy sequel, as Geller's family takes center stage. It features Geller's husband and her five children in pictures and stories accompanying the various sections of the book.

Joy of Kosher is not the ultimate collection of kosher recipes to help plan traditional Jewish meals. As the cook in my family says, "If I wanted to read a book about a Jewish mother and her family, I would buy a book about a Jewish family." If, on the other hand, you're willing to try 'fast, fresh family recipes' according to the Geller tradition, you'll like this book. Simply put, this cookbook is Gellerish. . . . .  The Rest of the Review

No comments:

Post a Comment